Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cycle for ALS Benefit Spin

With daytime temperatures still in the 30's, I am forced to take my cycling workouts inside on the bike trainer. One day, while surfing to the end of the internet, I came across a flyer advertising a charity spin, benefiting ALS and the Blazeman Foundation. The spin, supported by Tri360, was 179 minutes, after Jon "Blazeman" Blais' race number from Ironman Kona in 2005.


The spin started at 8AM and was planned by the coaching staff from local triathlon team, Team FeXY. I was excited for a "longish" spin that didn't have to take place alone in my basement. There was a screen set up describing the workout and music blared from the speakers. There were about 50 athletes in the room. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Rock the W


The athletes were informed, midway through the session, that the athlete who rode the furthest distance, in the 179 minutes, would receive a free entry to any race at the 2013 ChesapeakeMan Endurance Festival. After cranking on the bike for 179 minutes, I was happy to finish with a total of 55.7 miles, more than 8+ miles more than anyone else! It wasn't a "race", but I was pumped to have gained that much of a "lead" on the field. All in for '13!

Thank you to PowerBar for keeping me fueled. Three bottles of PowerBar Ironman Perform and two packs of PowerBar Energy Chews kept the cramps away. 

As always, I was very thankful to have an ISM Seat on my triathlon bike. #ComfortISM


No comments:

Post a Comment