Monday, July 15, 2013

2013 Inaugural REV3 Williamsburg





This post is well overdue! 

Another awesome weekend with the family and another awesome race with REV3 at the Inaugural REV3 Williamsburg.

In the week leading up to the race, the weather called for sunny, hot and humid conditions, pretty typical for June in Virginia. Sunday morning, I woke up to POURING RAIN and cool temperatures. The rain stopped as we arrived at T2, where I waited for the bus to transport all the athletes to T1.

I added my nutrition to my bike and headed to the swim start. Thanks to the cool conditions, the swim in the James River was wetsuit legal and I was able to wear my custom, blueseventy Helix wetsuit.


SWIM
1.2 Miles
43:05

This is my slowest 1.2 mile swim to date. The conditions were very tough. The wind picked up shortly after the start and so did the current... NOT in the athlete's favor! I read in a thread on a Slowtwitch.com forum that approximately 15% of the athletes DNF'd during the swim. Tough day in the water!
Swim start for my wave


10+ minutes longer in the water than I wanted!
T1
3:39
According to my Garmin, the run from the swim finish to T1 was a little longer than a 1/4 mile. 

BIKE
56 Miles
2:29:59 (21.57 MPH Average)

The bike course was great. It was relatively flat course with a mix of shade and sun and some really pretty scenery. 
Love my Reynolds Wheels, Kask Aero Helmet and ISM Saddle (not pictured)
T2
1:05
My arrival at T2
I knew I was first off the bike in my division. That was a good feeling as I started the run, which I consider my strongest discipline.

RUN
13.1 Miles
1:52:42 (8:34 min/mile pace)

This run course consisted of a two loop course through William & Mary. The turnaround was up a 1/2 mile climb that really put a hurting on the athletes. After 3 70.3 races in 7 weeks, I could tell my legs were tired. 

K-SWISS are simply faster!
FINISH
5:10:30
1st PLACE CLYDESDALE

High Five from the legend, Sean English!
FREE Finisher Picture at ALL REV3 Races!

PODIUM! 3 for 3 in REV3 Events in 2013!
ALL races should finish with beers with Wattie Ink teammates!









1 comment:

  1. Great job and love the family pics. I would stop associating with Flabby, though :)

    ReplyDelete