Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Firehouse Run

One of the benefits of working as a Career Firefighter is that I am off roughly 20 days a month. On the downside, if there is one, is that I am at work 10 days a month. These 10 days of work are 24 hour shifts, starting at 7AM and ending at 7AM the following morning. Typically, I use my work days as my "run" days and will run anywhere from 45 to 90+ minutes on the treadmill in the firehouse gym. Even though my shift starts at 7AM, I routinely start my training session by 5AM. Obviously, I would prefer to run outside, but my firehouse sits in between Interstate 95 and a not so runner friendly neighborhood.

K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light Neutral shoes in front of the grill of my Ladder Truck

I have taken a liking to my K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light Neutral shoes for training runs. With little to no break-in, you can lace them up and log some miles right out of the box. Also, they offer just the right amount of support and stability for me. As a very heavy sweater, I appreciate the side drainage they provide. I definitely give them two thumbs up! I am so pumped to race and train in them this year!

K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light Neutral shoes on the WOODWAY treadmill

1 comment: